Sunday, April 2, 2017

Resurrection Words

by Danetta Kellar
@DanettaKellar

Then one of the criminals hanging there began to yell insults at Him: “Aren’t You the Messiah? Save Yourself and us!”

But the other answered, rebuking him: “Don’t you even fear God, since you are undergoing the same punishment? We are punished justly, because we’re getting back what we deserve for the things we did, but this man has done nothing wrong.”

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom!”

And He said to him, “I assure you: Today you will be with Me in paradise." Luke 23:39-43



Our words can lead to eternity.

Let me repeat that.

The words we speak can become infinite, lasting forever.

We are taught to build with quality materials, that our work may endure. Life-giving words, like a well-built house, last long after the author has gone. And in the mysterious, miraculous power of our Savior, some words can actually fashion heaven and fill it with souls who were transformed by their power.

Even while dying Jesus was wielding the resurrection power of words. He knew that death was not the end of the great story unfolding on that rocky hillside.

In His final moments on the cross, He who was the Word was meting out the power of words to those who would listen and believe. The authorities could strip him of His rights and His clothing, but they could never strip the Savior of His life-giving words. Like the curtain that would tear asunder moments after His death, Jesus’ dying words to a despised criminal ripped through the veil of this life to the next. I assure you. Today you will be with Me in paradise.

I wonder if one day you and I might stand in heaven, and meet people who are there in part because of words we wrote or spoke. Words that were given to us by God, words we boldly and courageously declared to the dying. Words that to their hearers meant Life itself. Eternal life.

I sure hope so. As I take up my pen today, may I compose resurrection words that bring readers from death to life, from this world to the next.

Lord, this business of handling words is a big responsibility. Give me Your words to share with those who need them. Bring others to eternity through the words I craft. Amen.

TWEETABLE
Our words can lead to eternity - @DanettaKellar (Click to Tweet)


Danetta Kellar is a writer, blogger, and speaker. Her interesting life has taken her around the globe, where she has had the privilege to witness firsthand the transformation of women from all walks of life and culture as they exchange lies for the Truth found in Christ. 

Her writing flows out of this rich experience and her own continual search for treasures in life’s darkness. Connect with Danetta online through her blog, Riches Out of Darkness, and on Facebook, or Twitter. 

4 comments:

  1. Amen to that! What a beautiful post full of hope! Thank you, Danetta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a separate blog for this. Not all writers are superstitious or religious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, I appreciate your input. Truthfully, not every post will be something every writer wants to read. I have content for fiction, nonfiction, articles, blogs, social media, marketing, encouragement etc. A lot of my readers enjoy the encouragement on Sundays. I hope you'll pick and choose what works best for you. Blessings, E

      Delete
  3. Ingmar, I only hoped these words would make sense. I was reflecting on how Jesus' words not only changed lives, but ushered many from death to life with Him in heaven. The concept amazed me. Blessings to you as you share His words today. D

    ReplyDelete