Saturday, December 17, 2016

Finding Peace in Spite of the Pace of the Season

by Edie Melson @EdieMelson

I love the holidays—the gatherings, the sparkle, most of all the gatherings of family. But even for me, there are times when the pace gets to be too much. I have to refocus on what's important and take a breather from all the chaos. 

So I'm curious.
How do you cope with the pace of the season? 

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Share your thoughts in the comment section below. 

I also invite you to use this image any way you like online. Post it to your blog, share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, anywhere you'd like. All I ask is that you keep it intact, with my website watermark visible.

Don't forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,

6 comments:

  1. I try to do my shopping throughout the year, which takes the burden out of it. I cut back on the decorations I put out. So now I can turn on the Christmas music and get in the spirit of celebrating the Savior's birth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ane, I've cut back, too and it's certainly made a difference! Great thoughts, blessings, E

      Delete
  2. I snatch those moments when I'm alone and either read or listen to music 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I create a 12 X 12 coffee table quality family yearbook, uploading images from my photo files. Each month is a section & it shows highlights of the birthdays, family gatherings, writing classes, road trips, plays, visitors, writers guild meetings, church events, awards, etc from each month. It's a year in review & usually winds up with 60 - 70 pages. I get blessings by doing it and it continues to bless us and others who look through it. I started it in 2012 & wish I'd always done it. I do my shopping online. And I create the book online, using the time saved by not scurrying around stores and malls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay, these ideas are wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing! Blessings, E

      Delete