Saturday, March 14, 2015

So What does Writing Lead to?

by Beth Vogt @BethVogt


Just having a bit of fun here today. I read this quote and thought: Where else does writing lead to?

Writing leads to … late nights and little sleep.

Writing leads to … the red pen. (I’m an editor. What did you expect?)

Writing leads to … a serious break with reality sometimes. (The voices in my head are talking louder than the real-live voices.)


In Your Words: Your turn. How would you fill in the blank? Writing leads to _______________________. Writers, tell us where you’ve ended up. And everyone else, tell us what you imagine — or what you’ve discovered by watching your writer-friends.

Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments section below!

TWEETABLE
So what does #writing lead to - thoughts from author @BethVogt on @EdieMelson (Click to Tweet)

Beth K. Vogt believes God’s best often waits behind the doors marked “Never.” A nonfiction writer and editor who said she’d never write fiction, Beth is now a novelist with Howard Books. She enjoys writing inspirational contemporary romance because she believes there’s more to happily-ever-after than the fairy tales tell us. Connect with Beth on her website, Twitter, Facebook, or check out her blog on quotes, In Others’Words.

9 comments:

  1. Writing leads to healing. I just wrote my first flash fiction about a young girl who was abducted. I cried through the entire 567 words. I was never abducted but I have been held prisoner by my past hurts and pains. My blog posts also help me heal. I use writing to vent and get my opinions,concerns and prayers on paper. My prayer is that my healing possess through words with help others to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing leads to a better understanding of humanity--and myself. Writing The Thirteenth Moon, a historical novel 1000 BCE in the Levant, and the wonderful research it involves, has given me some insight into the universal desire of mankind to be connected to a higher being, however she/he may be conceived. Writing this novel has opened my eyes to my own spiritual journey. In a way it is my story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing leads to excitement as research turns a corner for me and I find a new rabbit trail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing leads to ... healing ... understanding ... excitement. All great insights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Writing leads to discovery. Sometimes I learn more about myself through my characters and the lives they life on the page. Isn't it funny that by making up fictional people, we discover ourselves. Great thoughts today, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Writing leads to peace. When I went through a very emotional time, I wrote just to find perspective. I put my thoughts on paper and then allowed God to work out the things I needed to change, I have had to do this a few other times in my life. Now I write because writing leads to God's presence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Writing leads to joy. Putting story onto paper and watching the characters come alive under my fingertips triggers my endorphins. LOVE it. :) Writing in the form of journaling has led to clarity and to peace when working through emotional situations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Discovery ... peace ... joy. I like all these writing destinations too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Writing leads to a lot of day-dreaming...day-dreaming about what my protagonist will do next, what my next book will be about, should I vacuum the living room floor or sit at my desk and write? etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete