Friday, August 8, 2014

A Place to Learn from the Experts as well as Those in the Trenches with You—Taking The Write Conversation to the Next Level

by  @EdieMelson

Making a place to share the journey with other writers.
Once upon a time there was a writer who loved words. And as much as she loved words, she loved other writers. Her goal was to find a place where they could share their journey, learning and growing together. That writer was me.

From the very beginning, the focus of this blog has stayed the same. 

I’ve always wanted this to be a place where writers could come to learn more about the craft and the business of writing.


Since 2009 this blog has grown
When I started this blog, I was barely above beginner level myself. But I was already active in the industry, and knew many of the experts. I shared what I learned from them here, and this little blog began to grow. Since 2009 it has grown a lot, and now there are over 50,000 of you who stop by each month to learn something and share your thoughts. And for that, I’m more grateful than you can imagine.

I believe the best way to show my gratitude is to take this site to the next level. I've always used what I learned through research, classes, books, and experience to share with you here. Now, I'm going straight to the source and bringing the experts themselves here.

You’ll be seeing a lot of new, regular posters here on The Write Conversation. They come in all shapes, sizes and genders. They also reflect the many different places along a writer’s journey—from industry giant to those just starting out. But I hope you'll notice that they all have two things in common:
  • A love of writing—in all its many forms.
  • A heart to help others grow into success.
Rest assured that I’m not going anywhere, I’ll still be here. 

This will always be a place to learn about
Social Media for writers
I’m not giving up my Social Media Monday, and will post at least one more day (often more) every week. I’m also excited to still be able to offer guest posters the opportunity to share their thoughts. Very little content, except the authors of the posts themselves will change. This blog will continue to offer information on all aspects of writing and on the industry itself.

Here is a sneak peek at a few of those who will be joining us regularly (some have already begun):I’d love to here your thoughts about what is coming on The Write Conversation. I’d also like to know what topics you want to see covered in upcoming posts.

Don’t forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,

Edie

TWEETABLES

16 comments:

  1. I think its great that you are adding this feature. We can all use encouragement and motivation.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Edie. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DiAnn, I need to thank you! The fact that you take time to help other writers is a gift beyond measure! Blessings, E

      Delete
  3. Social Media Doctor Edie, what a creative idea from which we will all reap benefits.It's just like you wanting to continually bless others. May the Lord honor this new level with even more followers and bless your time to write whatever He is inspiring. I look forward to all your guests sharing their thoughts and advice as well as your continued informative blogs. ONWARD!
    Elva Cobb Martin, President, ACFW-SC Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is one of my regular stops, even when I dont have time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, that is the highest compliment I could get! Blessings, E

      Delete
  5. Love this, Edie! You're good at whatever you put your hand to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so proud of you and how you've built this blog through hard work and good content. And I'm excited about your new direction. Thanks for allowing me to be part of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vonda, God has blessed us both on this writing road! Blessings, E

      Delete
  7. This sounds exciting, Edie! I so appreciate all you share here! You bless many.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Changing and growing is good. I always look forward to what coming here and learn so much.Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Edie, I look forward to hearing from more professionals such as yourself. I continue to soak up everything I can from all of you. I am at the beginning a long awaited dream in my life of writing. Without all the help I have been given by you and others, my journey would not have begun. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to thank you for getting me into writing and for being there during the ups, and especially the downs. If not for you and Vonda, and everyone I've met through you both, I would not be writing today. I also want to thank you for inviting me to join your blog team. I'm truly honored to be a member. It's my hope to express my gratitude by also helping others with their writing voyages.

    ReplyDelete